This month’s state of the Ninja contains the usual mid-month status updates, including a brief summary of previous and upcoming commits, sightings of Binary Ninja in the news and online, upcoming events, and a few special announcements.
The first special announcement is an opportunity for a free Binary Ninja license!
Thanks to point3 for including a free Binary Ninja license with every subscription of their Escalate™ online learning platform. Escalate™ is Point3’s gamified, challenge-based, online ecosystem launching on Cyber Monday, November 27, 2017. Escalate™ is available for pre-sale from November 8th until November 27th. Point3 will be giving away a FREE BinaryNinja license (Valued at $149!) with all pre-sale orders received. Make sure to visit https://www.cybrary.it/catalog/virtual-lab/escalate to reserve your Escalate™ privilege, and to receive a free Binary Ninja license!
Last Month in Code
Here’s a quick summary of changes committed since Episode 9:
- Several crashes fixed (#833, #871, )
- PDB loading improved (additional file extensions handled properly)
- File format improvements
- Several ELF parsing improvements, some architecture specific and including improved debug logging
- Several architecture improvements (disassembly, lifting, or dataflow):
- Core Improvements
- Product status (updates, license renewal period, expired) UI element added
As always, any customers with a valid support license can follow along with our dev builds by switching update channels in preferences
Upcoming in Code
- Floating point IL as well as x87 and MIPS floating point lifting
In the News
Here’s some of the more recent sightings of Binary Ninja in presentations, write-ups, and other media:
- ret 2 systems has been on a tear with Binary Ninja related posts on their blog with decompiler dangers using a BN script to modify import ordinals, a new version of ripr that works without custom QT elements, and a nice writeup on dealing with a custom architecture from FlareOn
- bnpy an early architecture plugin for Python bytecode
|N/A||Nothing right now – we’re evaluating potential locations and dates for upcoming trainings. Get in touch if you’re interested!|
As seen on Twitter
There was a 'Not Found' error fetching URL: 'https://twitter.com/sneakerhax/status/929135030818955264'
I went to a great BinaryNinja class by @psifertex today. Definitely looking forward to working with binja more— chilefool (@chilefool) October 25, 2017